Sunday, November 30, 2008

The nightmare is over,but the dawn is yet to come.

The siege has been brought to its conclusion but the terror it has struck in the hearts and minds of people all over the world will continue to be felt for a long time to come. I’m sitting in a room, thousands of miles away from India, yet every other minute I somehow expect my building to blow up. I have never seen so much violence in my life in the matter of such a short time, except maybe on the TV series 24, and that thankfully wasn’t real.

I am scared, for all my family and friends back home, because I know they are not safe. How can they be, with a government like that? I can't even begin to imagine what the families of those who died in the attacks must be going through. They deserve to be revenged.

What I fail to understand is how the Pakistani government can claim that their country is in no way involved in the Mumbai massacre. When the 21 year old Mohammad Ajmal Mohammad Amin Kasab, the lone terrorist who has been caught, admits to being from Pakistan and having been trained by the Laskhar-e-Taiba, when he tells the authorities that his fellow men hailed from that country, how can the Pak government possibly be thick skinned enough to deny all charges?

No comments:

Post a Comment