Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life's Lessons

I am 19 years old. And if someone asks me what I have learnt in the entire course of my existence, I can sum it up in one word - nothing.

People keep saying - life is short, make full use of it. Grab opportunities, live everyday like there is no tomorrow, and other blah blahs..

No one I know does that, no one in their right frame of mind would.

(I'm not very sure where this post is going)

No pain, no gain right? If you don't make mistakes, what do you learn from? And don't tell me from other people's mistakes. That is total bullshit. Have we ever learnt from our seniors that we should start studying early for exams? Not that we learn from our own experiences in that area to a great extent.

Feeling guilty - its something I live with everyday; be it about some work that I did not do, be it about yet another person I was rude to, be it about not following the time-table I meticulously drew up, be it about watching yet another TV series yet another time.

(I am still not sure of why I am writing this post)

The only thing we should learn from having lived is that nothing is certain, nothing is forever, we will always have to adjust, and must be prepared for it. We should certainly have goals in life, but not achieving them should not be the end of the world. The key is to survive it, day by day, and enjoy it, minute by minute, by breathing, second by second. (I hope that's not too slow a pace to breathe at?)

I love writing total and utter nonsense! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment