Sunday, June 14, 2009

KiT

Keeping in touch – it never happens

When we all part ways, as we must, sometime or the other in our lives, we promise each other and to ourselves that we will not let go of these friends that we have made. But sometimes slowly, sometimes immediately, these people fall out of our lives, some to never ever come back again.

I should know. I am barely in touch with any of my High School friends in India. My best friend here I have met only once in the last 4 years, and spoken to her a couple of times on the phone.

Even JC friends, when do we ever meet up? Once a year with some, never for some others.

Those who have gone away to a different country are a totally different story, yet a very similar one. They make a life of their own there, we are left behind here, and we all continue living, a little poorer in the friends section maybe. But we all make new ones, and the old ones are forgotten.

I remember I was really good friends with this guy a couple of years back, used to talk day in-day out. One day he got a call from some friend whom he hadn’t talked to in a long, long time. And I said to him that that will be us in a few days. And he got all offended about it. And then I left, came back to India for a month before uni started, messaged him a couple of times but he was busy, and that was it. The next time I talked to him was V day this year. and by then of course it was too late.

And I know it’s going to happen again. I can see it coming. 7 months is a long time. And who knows what’ll happen before I go back, who knows how many people I will still be in regular contact with till I get back. And for some, it’s going to be a good long year before I shall see them. And those certain people are not very good at keeping in touch. So when those people do read this, try harder to remember to KIT :P

I'm scared of becoming irrelevant to the people who are very relevant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment