Friday, July 3, 2009

Rantings n ravings

So its been a long time since I've written anything proper here. Mainly because I've been keeping a diary, which records my rantings, mainly during work. And its mostly stuff that cannot be posted here :P

So let me recount the past few weeks.

I'm home right now. Life is so-so. I've gotten used to being in India, and have in fact realized how Indian I am. I can actually carry out conversations with old uncles, and say all the right things, lament over how things have become and how good they used to be in olden times :O

Also, I have realized that my wailing about parents and the restrictions at home are not limited to me. They are present in every family in India, nay, the Indian subcontinent, though to a different extent and in varied manners.

I do miss Singapore a lot. This is going to be the longest time I've been away in the last 5 years. Usually it was for a maximum duration of a month, but this time it'll be seven. Oh how I do miss it! Random things. Like 1 day I suddenly wished I could sit in bus 51 and go all the way till Bugis, just for the heck of it. I used to do it both when I worked in 7-Eleven and then at TiE, and I really do love the route. And the fact that it takes almost an hour, which I spent in listening to songs and thinking about the randomest of random things. And one day I wanted to be at the Sheares bus-stop. And one day I missed the library entrance! Just imagine. And sometimes during the day or when I wake up in the morning, I suddenly forget where I am and for a glorious moment feel like I'm back there. Ya I know. I'm weird.

And I miss BIA! I wish I could go back to it.

Work has been okay. It was quite slack in the first 2 weeks, because I sat next to pita-shree and did almost no work. Other than the Buddhism paper. Then this week I did some work, interviewed 4 people for the different sections in the department. And my boss seemed quite eager to impart wisdom as well. Office people are ok. Definitely very old. Very few younger ones are there. The people I have lunch with are people who joined an year back. 1 female is from Bihar, 1 from Delhi and 2 guys from, you guessed it, Chennai. With moustaches. You get the picture. But they're nice people. Though their conversation mainly hinges on either work stuff or lame jokes. The kind we used to find funny in 8th standard. Apparently some people take a longer time to get over them, if at all. Ok I hope they never read my blog.

Other than that I've been procrastinating on a lot of work. Visa,ticket,modules,papers.

Everyone seems to be a bit dead and far-away nowadays, all caught up in their lives. Holidays are always like that. With so much time on their hands, people find something or the other to keep them occupied, and then they drift apart to come back again when the sem starts. Which I won't be there for this time. So sad.

Also, I realize, yet again, that I tend to take up the lingo of people I talk to very very fast. For example, 'so sad'. Hmph.

My home comp was repaired and the older one donated to the irritating nephews who'd come over for 4 days and turned my house and life upside down. That brought some entertainment into life. The comp guy I mean, not the nephews. But was too short lived.

So that is pretty much all that has happened. Its funny how small little things can make or break your day. Like talking to new people. Getting ignored by older ones. Needless to say, my mood swings are always in full swing.

I've been too lazy to bother to organise any get-togethers with people here. Or even bother calling them up. But then noone else bothers, ever. So why should I? Coz my life sucks. I haven't gone out for any fun stuff since I came back. Plus my dentist has very gladly informed me she'll have to root canal another tooth of mine. Stupid woman. Bent on torturing me. I hate dentists. But at least I'll have lenses in a few days. Haven't used them for so many months now.

Also, I've realized the need to keep myself occupied. Going for work suits me as it helps me pass the day. Else I just keep torturing myself all day, wishing for things I can't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment