Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Musings of my mind

Today I have a lot of things that I want to write about.

The first thing that I've been pondering on today is how I've had this desire to run away for a while now, to escape from my present, towards something in the past or in the future. Since the beginning of the semester, I've been waiting for my exchange to start. During my summer programme, at certain points, I remember wishing it would just end and I could go back to Singapore. And then once it did end, I wanted to go back to it. And then I tried to console myself with the idea of internship. And now that I'm doing the internship I want to run away to Canada. A month more is what it'll take. Let's see if this desire to run away from things ends then or not.

Another thing I've been thinking of is how we all go through phases where we feel useless, directionless and depressed because of it. When they look around at those around and feel so much less productive than them. Thankfully mine is over, at least for the time being, but there always seems to be someone or the other around who's going through it.

Personal space is a concept many people seem to be totally unaware of. When the distance between you and the next person lessens to the degree of discomfort, it is but natural to pull away. When that doesn't happen, it leads to my face going like :|

Then again it needs to be acknowledged that for different people of different cultures, the meaning of appropriate behaviour differs. Like holding another guy's hand and stroking it, or kissing another grown man on the cheek (both of which I have witnessed in the past 2 days) might not seem disturbing to people here, but boy-oh-boy when I see it, my mouth goes like :O

No comments:

Post a Comment