Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sometimes its just hard, you know..

So my latest obsession in TV series is Grey’s Anatomy. I do this thing where I take some series and watch it obsessively until I finish it.

Here’s my achievement list so far –
Friends
Joey
24
How I Met Your Mother
Scrubs
Sex and the City
House
The O.C.
Seinfeld
Prisonbreak
Lost
Heroes
One tree hill
That 70’s Show
So You Think You Can Dance
Impressive isn’t it? :)

Anyways, back to Grey’s Anatomy. I’ve reached halfway of season 2 in 2 days, and I’m so slow only because that wasn’t the only thing I was doing. Haha.
I somehow tend to think too much. And every situation that happens, I somehow always place myself in the position of the person before blaming him or her for their actions. Like yesterday what really moved and saddened me was when Dr. Derek Shepperd aka Dr. McDreamy had to make a choice between his wife and girlfriend. I know it sounds totally wrong and stuff, but the way it happened was a bit different. His wife cheated on him, with his best friend, and it totally shattered him. So he just left Manhattan and moved to Seattle. At the bar he met Meredith Grey, and they had a one night stand. And then the next day they discovered that she was an intern and he was the attending at the same hospital. And then they both fell for her. While it was extremely wrong of him to not tell her that he was married, I can imagine that a person who was finally happy after so much pain would want to keep it that way, as he was probably trying to block out his past. And then when his wife finally came back, hell broke loose on all of them. He had to choose, between his wife, with whom he had spent “11 Thanksgivings, 11 Birthdays, 11 Christmases” and the girlfriend who he was falling in love with and was so happy with. I mean how do you make a choice like that? And eventually he decided to do the right thing and stay with his wife. And when the first Christmas comes, he has just one explanation for his depression, “it’s the holidays you know”, and Meredith says “yeah, I know”. And when he meets his wife at Joe’s bar and she asks him why he is so sad, “we love Christmas, remember? At least we used to.” And his reply is, “Christmas makes you wanna be with people you love. And I’m not saying this to hurt you, or because I want to leave you, because I don’t.”
“Meredith wasn’t a fling, she wasn’t revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn’t go away because I decided to stay with you.”

How do you deal with a thing like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment