Thursday, December 30, 2010

The beginning of the end

So this really is it, huh? Last sem, last year you can get away with being a university kid and all that. The last time time of so many things - bidding for modules, December holidays with nothing to do, staying up too late, hanging out with friends in hostel lounges with no worries of going to work the next day.

The other day I was checking my passport's expiry date, in one of those moments of panic before travel when you are convinced something must be waiting to go wrong, like me having forgotten to apply for a new passport. It was 2014. And then I wondered what life will have been like when (if?) I do reach that year. What more stamps/visas will my passport show? Will I decide to study further? Where will I be working? Where will I be living?

So many questions, so few answers. But one thing is for certain, life will be different. Better or worse, time will show. Maybe I will be one of those people who will love their job. Maybe I won't. Maybe I will still be living in Singapore. Maybe I will be in a country with snow and real Christmases.

Different is good. Change is good. It is inevitable, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment