Friday, December 17, 2010

India

Mosquitoes, traffic you're amazed you lived through (whether driving or crossing the road), awful cold (and it's not even that cold, it just feels awful. Oh central heating, when will thou come to India?), the never changing home (seriously, nothing changes. In the first 5 minutes of entering home, I go around making a mental note of what is different. The same conversations, dialogues, bickering, cursing).

And then a family trip to Andaman. The beach on Havelock Islands was long and pretty. Other than that, I didn't find anything that spectacular or new. I don't mean to be a bitch, but seriously, don't all beaches look the same? Unless they're too pretty or too awful.

I remember when I was in 4th grade, we had planned a trip to Andaman. Then the ship got cancelled, my mom got bitten by a crazy monkey (no kidding), and we ended up all sad. So at least that long ago dream became true. Though at the time I had never seen a beach so it was a "wow" thing. Now, not so much.

So anyway, 9 flights and 9 days later, I am back in Singapore. And wondering why I came back so early. It all made more sense when I was cribbing about the cold in India to go back asap. Now there is nothing to do here. Except eat and sleep. And convince myself to get off my lazy bum and do something to lose some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment