Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year Resolutions


Despite the fact that I think New Year resolutions are lame, and also the fact that I am convinced I will never stick to them, these are my first ever resolutions. For 2011:

1. Be more positive.

I tend to always imagine the worst possible outcome. While this is usually helpful in case of failure, and leads to a pleasant surprise in case of a positive outcome. But I don't think at the end of the day it is worth making myself miserable for too long. And I also doubt it leads to a positive outcome.

2. Be less whiny.

I tend to whine a lot. About how much work I have, about how much life sucks, how boring it is, how hard it is, etc. And I have discovered that the people who whine less always do more. So, less whining.

3. Be nicer.

This I believe shall be hard. But recently I've been told that I am not as evil as I think I am. So I shall try to get in touch with the nicer side of me. Some deep soul searching needed for that I'm sure.

4. Be more outgoing.

Last semester, last chance to have mindless fun, last time when you are still classified as kids and can get away with stupidity. Once you start working, it's all downhill from there. (I realize this contradicts point 1 right here, so I shall rephrase). There are lesser opportunities to follow your whims and fancies with a 830-6 job.

5. Be that person. Who has a job.

For this, I need to have good grades, be hardworking like I was in Year 2 Sem 1. So less slacking, more working.

6. Be more trusting.

And have faith that it will be alright in the end. That if I get what I want, I will be good at it. That if I don't get what I am hoping for right now, it will still be ok in the long run, and that the universe has a better plan for me.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've been my twin so far! Good luck with your resolutions; maybe we can both partner up for 1,2 and 4 =)

    Take care!

    Priya

    ReplyDelete