Monday, March 28, 2011

My last Tarang!

Ok I usually try to not name people in my blog so that you know, it's harder for creepy people to stalk me. But I think a few names need mention here.

Akash (obviously). Dude I know I keep trying to bring you back down to earth, but today you can really fly high (geez so cliched!). That was one of the best choreographies I have ever seen from you. And no, I am not just saying that because it's a nice thing to say. That love-lust contemp piece last year was epic, and this year was equally good, if not better. The lifts were OMG so difficult, I can't ever imagine how a skinny person like you ever manages to lift people :P
And speaking of contemp brings me to Ayushi obviously. Dude so sexay! The lifts were so clean, even though all I know about dance is from SYTYCD and a bit from Akash. It was just so amazing to watch!

Lakshmi: I have always maintained you are SUCH A PLEASURE TO WATCH. I can just sit and watch you dance all day. Specially since it means you will not be a dumdum during that time :P And you just keep getting better and better. Love you! :)

Bathina: SO pretty! And hot. And speaking of hotness so must mention Maanavi! And overall, ballroom was so brilliant.
Ganla: so big yet so graceful! Patel: you're like a little kid (with amazing dancing skills) who's been told that the more energy and expressions he shows on stage, the more candy he will be given! :P

Srajna: awesome costumes! Mummy ke stitching classes into use eh? :P

Even though I hardly know anyone from the macha dance, it was as good an my year 1, which is the one which distinctly stands out in my memory.

Bollywood: With so many people on stage, I do not know how you people managed to stay so co-ordinated.
We all know how much sweat and blood (literally) goes into preparing each year.

Overall, you guys were just in a different league all together tonight. I know I am probably biased, but the moment it ended, I was like "hain? bas? aur naacho na please!" Not to sound too much like a sore loser, we all know who deserved to win tonight.

I admit NTU was very creative, like they always are. The sari thing was very nice, using the screen created a very sensational effect and the start with tabla was genius. It was SUCH a surprise to see Gattu dancing too! :D

But overall, I will maintain till I go to my grave that today, of all days, NUS deserved to win. I know (ok I don't know, I can only sympathise) it must feel awful to not have won when you worked so hard. But then you win some, you lose some. You come back stronger next year.

To everyone in NUS who was there:
It has been a pleasure yelling my lungs out with you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment