Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 2

5:30pm local time

So we are in Nakhon now. Went to Suanmok in the morning. It is a monastery that was set up by Buddhadasa about 75 years ago and is something after my heart. I so like the whole concept of back to nature, instead of the insipid rituals and well adorned temples and statues. Though it has lots of dogs, whom I was obviously scared of, though they seemed harmless overall.

Then it was on to a temple. And the Chaiya National Museum. Weird place. But they were nice enough to not charge us, so we gave them one of the USP pens :)

Then the shopping mall was like so sad. Though I did get to eat vanilla chip ice-cream, which tasted more like butterscotch than anything else.

Everything in this country is in Thai. Majority don't speak any English. So it's very interesting to try to communicate with them. Like to ask when Carrefour closes, tap on watch, then make a curtain closing sign. Haha.

And now that we have internet at our hotel, I'm using it. And realizing how useless it is. I should really renounce the world and become a forest monk and go pray in like the Himalayas or something.

I should go up and sleep now. But before that we should be having a boozing session :D Let's see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. hey dont renounce the world plase...else monks will have to renounce himalyas :)

    ReplyDelete