Monday, May 18, 2009

Swadika!

I'm in Thailand now. Woohoo! :D
And here's the 'diary' that I am keeping. And hopefully will continue to keep.

Day 1: 16th May 2009

12:30 local time

Phuket => Surat Thani

So we are in the bus now, on the way to Surat Thani. With our guide talking. He doesn’t seem to ever stop talking, I’m rapidly learning to become wary of the moment the mike is brought out. He keeps reminding us about “shoot the rabbit” and whatever “pluck the flower” or something (which means to go to the loo). So irritating.

Flight in the morning was ok. Managed to get to the airport in one piece with passport and all. Thank God for Salvation Army. Without them I wouldn’t have remembered about the passport thing. So as I was saying, flight today morning was quite ok. Even though I got the much feared neighbour. He slept half the way and the flight was only 1:20 hours. Then we got to Phuket and realized that the tour people thought we were coming by the 2pm flight. So we had to wait for him to rush to the airport. So I got to buy my first stick of chewing gum. And drink Minute Maid from a glass bottle. As Jie Hui pointed out, why does Singapore have only plastic bottles?
And we went to some random temple by the name of Wat Chalong or something which sounds like that. And I was re-reminded that it’ll soon become impossible for me to figure out what photo is for what temple.

Why does the guide not stop talking? “Phi” means older brother, and we’re supposed to call him that. And call Prof Pattana “achan”. Haha. Achar.

And he was talking about the monastery. And got me scared about how strict they will be. I don't know how to use chop sticks :(

It was super sunny when we were at the temple. And now its raining. Which is quite good. Cooler. And the guide stops talking. So I should sleep/look out the window/read “Children of the New Forest. Hmm.

Quote of the day: intelligence turns me on :P

11:00 pm local time

Ok. So the river cruise was very nice. I've never seen fireflies before. And they were amazing. Whole trees blinking one after another like Christmas lights. So pretty. And then the process of trying to catch one. And then Alicia making her clock blink. And Elvis getting one on his hand, which refused to leave and he didn't want to blow on it in case it fell into the water and drowned. Hahaha.

And then the Karaoke. And the love triangle. So fun :D

And the dinner was quite good. They made special veg food for me. Which also tasted decent. I’m hoping Thailand food will be ok. Coz Taiwan I am sure will be quite bad.
The hotel has no internet. So I cannot post this on my blog.

And I want to get drunk. Yet again. I'm sure we’re going to be doing that at least 2-3 times before we leave.

3 comments:

  1. raining!? wow..lucky you..

    so Taiwan's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. randomness in you: "random temple"

    enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete