Saturday, July 24, 2010

And I close my eyes and pray...

Death is a reality, which somehow never feels real. So many people around seem to be passing away recently. When you were younger, at least for me, death seemed like such a distant thing. Sure, people passed away. But they were strangers. Not someone you really gave a second thought to.

In university, somehow, it seems so much more of a reality. Every month or so, you hear of someone. Or see on Facebook even. How someone used to comment on this person's pics, and the next month, they have an RIP profile pic for the same person.

Maybe it's because when you were small, your parents protected you from such news. But now, everytime I hear of someone else, I think of all the older ones.

I always have this fear that I will say something horribly rude to someone and walk away, like I so often do, content in the assumption that I will make it right later. Or I will drift apart from someone, and convince myself I will get back in touch with them when I'm more free. But what if I never get that chance? What if I live the rest of my life in regret?

I know this is quite shallow, to make this about me, but I really do worry about it often :(

No comments:

Post a Comment