Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbye is only painful when you know you can never say hello again.

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

I don't miss him, I miss who I thought he was.

I miss you a little, I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each day.

True love? I used to believe it existed, but when you’ve had your heart torn out and thrown on the floor, you just don’t care anymore. Ask me why I keep on loving.

The problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.

I hate you, and then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff, then rush to the bottom to catch you.

I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain. I’ve seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I’ve seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I’d see you again.

Oh, I shouldn’t care or wonder where and how you are. But I can’t hide this hurt inside my broken heart. I’m fighting back emotions that I’ve never fought before, ‘cause I’m not supposed to love you anymore.

I could fill a thousand pages telling you how I felt and still you would not understand. So now I leave without a sound, except that of my heart shattering as it hits the ground.

The future becomes the present, the present becomes the past, and the past turns into everlasting regret if you don't plan for it.

Regret is so quiet.

While it's tempting to play it safe, the more we're willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.

Tears are like kisses, the only real ones are the ones you can't hold back.

The scars are nothing compared to the pain that put them there.

If he was stupid enough to walk away, be smart enough to let him go.

And I wait...
For an endless song that never starts,
For a cure to the age-old broken heart.

Time heals and reveals.

The only true painful good-byes are the ones that are never said and never explained.

Life is good and so is time. Love every moment of it and you will be fine.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses arent contracts and presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open,
With the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really are strong,
And you really do have worth.

They say follow your heart. But when your heart is in so many pieces, which way are you to follow?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

I know what it's like to feel alone.
And, that's why I stay alone,
because I never want to feel alone again.

Men are like a deck of cards.
You'll find the occasional king,
but most are jacks.

Into this mysterious universe we are born, with no apparent set of instructions, no maps or equations, no signs or guideposts, nothing but our equally unfathomable instincts, intuitions, and reasoning abilities to tell us where we came from, why we are here, and what we are supposed to do. What we do possess- perhaps it is the key to our survival as a species - is an almost unquenchable need to know.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but whips and chains excite me!

The only way to get over someone is to hate them or replace them.

The world is round and the place which seems like the end may also be the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment