Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kidney beats grades

I was thinking today how simple and easy our life is. How we have had everything from our childhood. Food, home, clothes, school, friends, family. When we crib about being broke, it's not like we won't have a way to get nutrition.

I've been feeling terrible about my midterm marks since yesterday. To make a long story short, karma of not studying came and bit me in the ass. But then I saw one of those many signboards along the NUH construction area today, which normally annoy me very much for how in your face they are, specially the little girl with a bouquet of flowers in her hand, and the mother's dialogue "I will be able to see my daughter get married". What if your daughter never wants to get married?!

Anyway, this one said, "with a kidney transplant, I will be able to need a normal life". And it struck me, how stupid and narrow-minded and short-sighted I am; all I need is better marks, not a new kidney. At least the former is something I can do something about.

No comments:

Post a Comment