Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pet peeves

Here are a few of my eccentricities. I shall keep adding as I recall more.

I used to be very scared of the shower. I somehow had the nightmarish idea that blood would come out instead of water. Another fear I had was that teeny fishes would pour out along with the water. I think I've pretty much gotten over that since hostels don't really offer a bucket and mug.

I have this weird idea where I want to someday be able to tell people that I'm dying of cancer. And when they laugh it off, and say "Oh thank God", I can genuinely tell them that I am not joking. And make them feel very guilty. Though I do hope it is never the case when I think logically and sensibly.

I can build up whole long conversations in my head, including the whole 'movie' set. It can include people from real life or people I conjure up in my head. And believe me, my scenes go into much more details than they do in your head. And people like Akash, don't think pervy now.

I never watch scary movies/TV series. I just cannot. If I do, I'll keep imagining that thing for weeks, dreaming very life-like nightmares about it. I remember I happened to see this TV serial's episode's teeny fraction where there were hands coming out of the wall against which a guy was leaning. To this day, when I lean against my wall or even the bed ka side, that thought crosses my mind.

Another scary thing is this story I was told by my Dad about his colleague whose house was haunted and how his wife and daughter used to see a ghost on the fan and how their daughter was discovered a couple of times inside a container, badly scratched and bruised. So when I look at the fan, especially at night when the lights are out, sometimes I think of that.

So I guess you understand why I don't watch scary things. My imagination is usually enough. I'm very scared of the dark. I remember I used to find excuses to not go into the house alone on winter days when everyone was sitting outside or on the roof for sunlight. And if I was made to, I would run in and run out, as fast as I possibly could.

I tend to remember weird bits and pieces here and there in excruciating detail. Some parts of my lecture notes, which might not be at all relevant from an exam point of view, become etched in my mind. As do dialogues. Many, many Friends episodes, my favorite movies, etc are so deeply engraved onto my mind that I might not have seen them for 3 years also. But when I see them again I'll remember them. For those who were there on V Day night this year, you might remember my dialogue-remembering prowess.

I have this unnatural fear and dislike for insects. And animals too I would say. I can look at a cockroach from far away and feel grossified. And of course PGP rooms are a haven for all sorts of insects. So every late night I'm gifted with a buzzing one which seems to charge right for me. And I scream like a true girl and flail madly. It was actually when this huge moth came into my room that I realized for the first time that I could actually be classified as girly :) And I don't like animals too. Very scared of dogs. Don't like cats. They look so evil and stare like they hate me. I read this book Mr.Galliano's circus and about how soft the eyes of all animals are and how could anyone be rude and mean to them. Well I swear I tried to look at the eyes of the next dog I saw. But then it barked and I ran. So that is that.

Cheers!

2 comments: