Monday, January 11, 2010

STUPID

This world is full of stupid people, stupid events, stupid websites, stupid courses, stupid professors. Stupid stupid stupid!

Like all other dumb people, I totally did not expect reverse cultural shock. At least in Toronto I gave myself time to get used to the place. When I go to India also I allow for some adaptation time. But somehow I expected to be able to handle Singapore from Day 1.

My first lecture back here has felt like right out of hell. Mind numbingly boring NUS profs. I haven't even met up with all my friends yet, haven't been able to get a peaceful night of sleep for more than 10 days.

I don't have a place to stay, which I think is one of the main reasons I feel like a ship without anchor. All my stuff is strewn around the world, some in sis' room, some at friend's guardians place, and some in Toronto. I hate this. I don't even remember what stuff I have. I'm sure I'm gonna end up buying doubles of things, and then regret later, since I'm more than 4500 dollars in debt right now. Oh yay.

I miss Toronto so much, mainly because right now that is my definition of normal. And Singapore feels stupid. I don't even know what to wear. Leaving the room without a jacket feels strange, and the heat and humidity has hit me like a cannon ball. Even the idea of having to handle cash at every place instead of the YorkU card and tokens feels strange. Though I think my accent has had a speedy return to normal.

I really need some generous supplies of patience right now, and a lot of time spent on campus, so that it can become normal again. And now I must re-try to listen to the stupid prof.

No comments:

Post a Comment