Sunday, October 25, 2009

Alcohol makes one friendlier.

Little things make me happy: people's travel pics, a lazy Sunday, a dress, a piece of cake, a baby's smile.

I believe in today. What is the point of waiting for something to happen, waiting for your life to change, for something to make you happy. Choti choti khushiyaan. When you can't have the bigger ones. It's the small pleasures in life, the inconsequential details, the little things people do for you, that you remember.

And I realize that, in my own weird way, I love Maths. I know the reaction that most people give me when I tell them I'm a Math major is 'OMG eww/wow I hated Math in High School'. But it makes me happy. It is something I know I can do, if I try hard enough.

Not something like Physics, which makes my world spin and my brain stop, especially the JC one. Never hated anything the way I hated it. But Maths is more manageable. I tend to do random calculations in my mind, something I know not too many people are fond of.

I hate how much people in Singapore use calculators, for every little question. I make it a point to scold tuition kids for their overuse of calculators. And make them solve questions without it.

Which brings me to how much I really do like Singapore. I have spent my formative years there. It gives me the feeling that I belong. Sure I get claustrophobic there once in a while, and would never want my kids (if I ever have any) to grow up there and talk in Singlish, but I don't actually mind living there. Maybe I will re-start hating it there once I go back, but right now, in this moment, I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! kids n missing singapore! u must've been drunk! :D

    ReplyDelete