Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BOOMZ!

This post is dedicated to the most exquisite, 'vivacious' young Singaporean lady that I have had the horror, I mean honour, of witnessing.

Yep, you got it. It's Ris Low, of "Boomz" and "leopard preen" fame.

To a certain extent, I agree that the whole issue was blown out of proportion. I know a lot of Singaporeans had strong words to say about her poor English. But what I find even more disturbing is that many of the allegations made by the local populace used wrong English themselves. It's like a pot calling a kettle black.

I think what she is is a blonde-headed chick who was born with the not-so-rare ability to annoy people the moment they start speaking. I swear my intestines twist into a tighter knot everytime I hear her go BOOMZ!

What went wrong for her was that one interview, which was made a parody of. And lo-and-behold, it had done irreparable damage to her reputation forever. In later interviews, she sounds less 'ditsy'-er, and more prepared for questions. Though it would also have helped if she didn't have a credit-card fraud, and oh-so-fake Bipolar Disorder to her name.

Well, overall, I think the whole saga gave me some good entertainment!

1 comment: