Friday, October 2, 2009

Winds of change!

So it's a cold windy again out there. Again. But in my room it's nice and warm. Since I never open my window, and apparently propping the door open is a fire hazard :O

OH AND THE AIR-CON HAS JUST BEEN CHANGED TO GIVE OUT WARM AIR! WOOHOO :D

So sometimes I forget it's cold outside. And go out in strappy sandals. So that by the time I reach class, my feet are frozen and ready to fall off.

But overall, I'm now more used to the cold. I guess it was a drastic change for my body to be plucked out of the 45 degrees Celsius weather in India, to the 10 degrees one in Canada. The weather right now is similar to India's very very cold winter. And it's supposed to be Fall ! Autumn ! When the leaves change colour. Which they are doing. But with the cold winds blowinnnnn...


Oh and as some people have pointed out, the 'standard' A4 size paper here is smaller. And instead of having 2 punch holes, they have three. Trivial things, but I find them interesting.

And people here wear lots more boots than I've seen anywhere else, because of the cold I guess. Which means that I get to buy boots without feeling guilty about it! Since they are always so expensive :(

Oh and I shall be traveling in the Reading Week, which has just started this semester at the uni. Awesome timing, isn't it? But that means I shall be in some random place on Diwali. And I shall be going to Lake Ontario today.

But before I go on the Reading Week trip, I have to get thru the next week. Which has:
Mon: 2 assignments
Tue: meet to practise presentation
Wed: presentation
Thur: 1 report, 1 test
Fri: 2 tests
Sat: 1 assignment, 1 report, 1 paper, since I must finish the work that is given to us for the reading week, since I will be away for the whole of it!

I SHALL SURVIVE!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you shall..

    And take photos of RED trees! I love them!! :D I shall go there some day myself and take pics myself, but until then... :P

    ReplyDelete