Sunday, November 22, 2009

Enigma

I am trying to understand something today. It is way beyond my comprehension, but I am trying. Because not understanding it would confirm a theory I had a long time ago, (actually not allll that long ago) - that all men suck. And if that is true, I shall lose my faith in men-kind, which won't be the best thing ever.

I am trying to understand why most people in this culture are so desperate to get laid. Other than the sex part. And the baser nature and instinct part. I get that part. What I do not get is that is that really all that matters to them? Like REALLY? Seriously?

How desperate can a person be for a one night stand that they are willing to overlook the fact that any future interaction with the other person is going to be extremely awkward and unpleasant, to say the least? Are a few seconds (yeah seconds) of feeling good really worth turning into a monster? Does it make you feel more manly? Strong? Powerful? A rapist??

Are you really that shallow and full of self-loathing that you had to violate another person to feel good about yourself? The more I get to know you, the more I pity you than hate you.

And yeah, don't even try and tell me oh-no-I-am-not-that-type, we can have a relationship if you want. If a girl believes you when you say that when you’re piss drunk and ready to pass out, then maybe she does deserve you.

I understand the cultural difference part, but why does any culture have to be like that? Is this really the great Western culture we are all, consciously or unconsciously, trying to emulate?

I know a lot of people tend to blame girls for getting raped. Oh ya, her wearing a sleeveless top is what make you a bastard isn’t it, not the fact that something is fucking wrong with you.

One argument you could make is what’s so wrong with sex anyway? The other argument is, what is so great about it anyway?

This post is dedicated to all those people who have ever been in a position where they have felt sexually threatened by any other person. Believe me, it is not your fault, not in the least, not if someone tries doing something to you against your will. Do NOT blame yourself. Of course unless you wanted them to.

But it IS your fault if you let them. It is NOT ok for you to say “oh it's a cultural difference”. Or maybe if you were raised here you have become so used to it you think it is ok. It is NOT. Heck which culture says it's ok to violate another human being? The whole continent of America seems big on respecting the privacy of other people, how about we respect the physical privacy as well?

I have always loathed those roadside-romeos on the roads of my city, but now I'm forced to think, is there a worse kind? At least those people know their place, they don't force you to do something you really don’t want to, not without the fear of jail.

p.s. To any of you who may feel worried about me after reading this post, I am fine. These are just my observations, not experiences. Thankfully.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo!!!!
    Bravo!!!
    Bravo!!!

    I liked it...read so many blogs...didn't come across anything like this. This is a right place to take out the frustration within you...and you excelled in it.
    Agree with almost everything you said...
    With ALMOST EVERYTHING!!
    But as a social being...and being a part of this world..I must give an opinion...

    Not all men are like that! And I know you agree with that...Even men are violated in this world...Mentally and emotionally..if not Physically..by the opposite sex...who are too modernized to give a damn about what they feel...rare but true!! No Offense..

    P.S.: I am not talking about the majority of the bastard here who want their lusty physical desires to be fulfilled... But of those rare exceptions who do good...and get bad in return!!

    Other than that....you post is really appreciable!! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanx for e comment! Really appreciate it :) Yep I know not all men are like that, this was just me reacting to how some of them behave,

    ReplyDelete