Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Me.

I'm the kind of person who thinks it's her duty to cheer people up when they are bored or pissed or depressed. I am also a person who feels that if I tell you that I am bored or pissed or depressed, it is your duty to try to cheer me up. I find it selfish and mean and jerk-like behavior if you don't.

I also don't like seasonal friends, who are friendly with you when it is convenient for them, but are too busy to be believable when their purpose has been served.

I am a person who believes in the importance of having, and keeping friends. That being said, I understand that people get busy, and can't find the time to keep in touch. I also believe that this doesn't make them bad people, just removes them from the list of your close friends, and they should be willing to accept this change.

I'm a person who jels perfectly with some people instantly, but can't stand others equally fast.

I hate it when people misspell or use wrong grammar - specially 'your' instead of 'you're' and stuff like that. It just makes me feel that they are illiterate. Even though I may make the same error sometimes.

I tend to get stuck on one song at a time, when I will listen to it so many times within a short span of time that I get sick of it and can finally move on to the next one.

I also tend to adapt to new places fairly easily and quickly, and almost forget of the life that existed before I moved to this new place.

I am a person who sucks at programming. Initially I used to believe it was for lack of trying, but over the course of 5 years and 7 languages, I have realized it is just not something I was meant to do. I can do the more basic stuff, but the moment it turns ugly and complicated, I flee.

I am a person who excessively and exclusively watches TV series. I've seen about 27 of them, most of them completely. I completed 6 seasons of the series 24 in 7 days. Each season has 24 episodes of about 42 minutes. During this time I slept only in the day and left the room only to shower or get food. It is the single biggest achievement of my life.

The only sport I have ever actually been interested in watching is cricket. I can't play any sports. Not if my life depended on it.

And I can't dance. Though I absolutely totally love watching people dance. Everytime I see a particularly amazing dance, I get this great desire to learn dance. I can sometimes even convince myself that I in reality know how to dance and just haven't realized it yet, so if I start learning, I will discover that I am a natural at it. This feeling of course disappears the moment I actually try dancing.

I am a person who tells you to your face if you are being stupid, or annoying me.

I am a person who was not born with a generous helping of patience. There is only so much I can take before exploding in a banter of piercing words, where I curse and blame and rave at whoever is most accessible.

I hate it when people ask me questions about what my life is like. If you really want to know, don't ask. I tend to talk a lot. I will most probably end up telling you about everything that is happening in my life if you don't ask me. And ya, I talk. A lot.

I hate it when people walk slowly. Especially when they walk in groups of 3-4 and block the entire walkway such that there is no way of getting through except to rudely brush them aside and then say 'excuse me'.

I think black is the sexiest colour, though it is technically not a colour, especially in clothes.

I hate it when people don't reply to messages (sms, chat) or calls. I can understand that sometimes you might be busy or just didn't check your phone or computer for a while, but doing it often is just plain vain. What are you trying to prove, that you are the centre of the universe and are too busy to respond to us lesser mortals?

I can't take compliments. I feel like you are mocking me or have an ulterior motive if you compliment me, so don't mind my 'oh really?' reaction instead of the expected 'thank you :)'.

I am a person who cannot stand people who are slow. Or mind-numbingly boring.
I also can't stand soft sissy guys. Man up!
I'm not a fan of clingy, needy people, though I do share some traits with them I think.
But what I hate most are the damsel-in-distress, come-save-me kind of girls.

I also cannot stand people who are too touchy, because my general conversation revolves around pulling your leg. If you lie in the category of people who blaze up at every single topic and feel like I'm insulting you, sorry, we can't be friends.

I am a person who can cry her eyes out at every Grey's Anatomy or OTH episode or heartbreaks which happen in her imagination, but somehow cannot shed tears at the passing away of near ones.

I am mean.

I am weird.

I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment