Friday, December 18, 2009

Bitch.

What is with this abundance of thankless people that have sprung up like mushrooms all around me? They expect you to do everything for them, and then give you attitude.

For instance, there is this great woman with whom I did 5 programming assignments. We used to split the report and do half the questions each. For the last one, she was kind enough to inform me on the last day that she had not done anything and would not be doing anything as she was busy with another project. How kind of her. Even though we'd had more than 3 weeks for the assignment. And she also gladly told me, "Oh remember to put my name on what you submit ok?" Since I was busy with another project at the time, I obviously did not have time to do the questions which the great woman did not do, and had to submit only half the report which I had done earlier. And obviously I did not put her name on it.

So when the grades came out, and hers showed a zero, she posted on the course forum, literally yelling at the professor for not giving her marks. "I understand that we couldn't submit the complete report due to a situation. but i dont know if that should stop us from receiving marks at all." A situation indeed.

The professor replied saying that "This is a topic that should be addressed through email. (duh! But how can you expect such a female to have any common sense)
No grade has been recorded because I did not receive a report with your name on it.
If you submitted a joint report, then either you or your partner forgot to put your name on the report. If this is the case, then please ask your partner to email me to confirm that you contributed to the report and I will add the grade."

So she called me up and tells me to email him. Yes TELLs. Was it not obvious that I had not put her name on the report for a reason - that she did not deserve the grade since she did NO work AT ALL? And idiot that I am, I should have just given her a piece of my mind then. But for some disturbingly bizarrely annoying reason, this stupid tongue of mine, which is willing to slice people's throats for no good reason at most times, decides to not unleash itself when most required.

Oh and she also asked me on the phone if there was a scanner on campus. I said maybe in the library. Then she tells me, oh can you find the third edition of the book and scan a certain page and send to me. I'll pay you. Oh right, sure. Just one question, WHEN DID I BECOME YOUR FUCKING SLAVE?

So I did email the prof, and then sent the great woman a scathing email telling her "I have emailed to include your name for the report. However, I just want to say that I think it is completely unfair for you to get credit for a piece of work that you did not contribute to. Even more so, it would have been have been good if you could have informed me beforehand that you would not be doing the report, so I could have at least completed it on my own. I understand that you were busy with your other project, but so was I. And in all fairness, we were given more than 3 weeks for that assignment. Anyways, good luck with the exam."

And her reply, "comon yar ..i appreciate u doing the favor cuz i understand where nd what has gone wrong...but u cud've talked about it on phone or last day when i saw u. i wouldnt' want u to keep grudges for me in heart. if i were at ur place, you wouldnt get this from me. i m sorry if i have hurt you. but i dont think we should say bye to each other on a bitter note ;)"

Oh right I'm sorry. My bad, I should have said a big NO in the first place since you seem to have an unusually thick skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment