Thursday, February 25, 2010

I need a little perspective

They say our days are the happiest when they pass the fastest. By that definition, my university days have probably been the happiest ones I've ever had. Feels like in the blink of an eye 3 years have gone past. The only thing that makes you realize it's a different semester is bidding time and the end of the 2 reading weeks. 1 more year and it will be time to work, out in the real world with real problems, no cocoon of a hostel or classes.

And yet, if I think about it, JC seems so long ago. I have seen many generations of juniors come and go through JC, and I realize that the ones who are now in JC2 will come to NUS only after I have graduated.

It's funny how our perceptions change with time. What matters to me today will seem stupid tomorrow. What stops my world from spinning today will seem trivial the day after.

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment