Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow

Snow is such a beautiful thing. Sure it gets dreary after a while when it's been lying on the ground and gets dirty and slippery. But when it's falling, in a gentle shower, it is so beautiful.

This is what I wrote one day when I was walking back to my room in York:

"When I see the tiny flakes falling all around me, it gives me a feeling of contentment. And of warmth inside, even though my face (the only exposed part of my body), is freezing. I can sit and watch it for hours from my window. I can forget my woes, and just be happy to be alive." :)

It's a feeling similar to when you sit on a beach and watch the waves crash against the shore. Or when you stand in the middle of a woods, with no one else around, just Nature.

I miss snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment