Thursday, March 18, 2010

Norah Jones ♥

It’s not hard. It’s painful, but it’s not hard. You know what to do already. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be in this much pain.

I try to quit you but I'm too weak.

And then I wonder who I am
Without the warm touch of your hand
As I sit and watch the snow
Fallin' down


But don't shake me awake,
Don't bend me or I will break,
Come find me somewhere between my dreams,
With the sun on my face.

I will still feel it later on,
But for now I'd rather be asleep.


The prettiest thing
I ever did see
Was dusty as the handle on the door
Rusty as a nail stuck in the old pine floor
Looks like home to me

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching tear drops in my hand


All your love
Is a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon
'Til it could fit on the head of a pin


Yesterday I saw the sun shinin',
And the leaves were fallin' down softly,
My cold hands needed a warm, warm touch,
And I was thinkin' about you.

Here I am lookin' for signs of leaving,
You hold my hand, but do you really need me?
I guess it's time for me to let you go,
And I'll be thinkin' about you,
I'll be thinkin' about you.

When you sail across the ocean waters,
And you reach the other side safely,
Could you smile a little smile for me?
'cause I'll be thinkin' about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment