Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kismat konnection

Have you ever been grateful for missing a bus?

Well, I was today.

As I saw the A2 curve out from the bus terminal as I was walking towards it, I cursed under my breath. Now I would have to wait 10-15 minutes before the next one came, or take an A1, and sit in it for 25 minutes.

And then there was an almighty screech and I literally saw the wheels of the bus move backward as the giant bus lurched forward, showing a very practical demonstration of Newton's First Law of Motion.

And from below the bus could be seen the car on the other side, and something had broken off from its front part and fallen on the road. I bet the bus didn't even get a scratch.

As the bus driver tried to decide whether or not he should continue going, and the lone passenger in the bus tried to figure out if he should/could get off the bus, I sat there smiling to myself, "thank God I missed that bus".

No comments:

Post a Comment